Sony has had a stranglehold on the market ever since the PS4 launched in 2013. To date, the PS4 has reportedly outsold the Xbox One by greater than a two to one margin, and the distance between the two consoles grows larger each and every year. But one analyst believes that Sony might finally have some competition in 2018.
In a recent report, NPD Group analyst Mat Piscatella predicts that the Nintendo Switch will be the best-selling console of the holiday season, and could even overtake the PS4 for total sales on the year. Keep in mind that the Switch has only been on store shelves since early 2017, so millions of consumers had already chosen between the PS4 and Xbox One by the time Nintendo joined the current console generation.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s top 10 Prime Deals of the Day on Wednesday
- Become your cable company’s worst nightmare with this $ 43 box
Trending Right Now:
- It looks like a Google partner might’ve just leaked Android P’s real name
- Galaxy S10: Everything we think we know about Samsung’s most exciting phone in years
- A $ 400,000 Lamborghini caught fire at a gas station and you’ll totally believe what happened next
BEST DEAL UPDATE: