BEST DEAL UPDATE:
PARIS — Conscious consumption was top of mind for a number of designers visiting the recent Blossom Première Vision trade show here, exhibiting fabrics for the spring 2020 season. Mills from Hermès-owned silk specialist Bucol to Scottish cashmere producer Alex Begg said they were increasingly adapting to a circular economy model.
“The movement is in motion. There’s still a long way to go but it’s already a mega trend,” said Chantal Malingrey, director of Blossom Première Vision, adding that the sustainability commitments of heavyweights like Kering and LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton is speeding the industry’s transformation.
Presenting an edited selection of high-end weavers, tanners and accessory manufacturers, the show, held at the Carreau du Temple here on Dec. 12 and 13, logged a 20 percent rise in attendees versus the equivalent year-ago edition. The lion’s share of visitors, or 81.5 percent, came from leading French fashion houses, according to a statement from the show, with the remaining 18.5 percent based at international brands. Following France, Italy had the second largest number of visitors, with attendance up by 50 percent year-on-year.
“If I can order fewer skins for my production, it’s better,” said Mathilde Possoz, head of design at Ellery, who was visiting the booth
BEST DISCOUNT ONLINE: