A lot has changed in the royal family over the past year, with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle undoubtedly going through the biggest transition of everyone.
The royal couple married in May last year, gained the title of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, and now with a royal baby on the way they have relocated, splitting from their shared household in Kensington Palace with the Cambridges and moving to Windsor to create their own set-up in Frogmore Cottage.
The news that emerged this week has only confirmed that the decision has nothing to do with the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and more to do with the Sussex family’s desire to be ‘entirely independent’ in general.
Yes, really. According to Roya Nikkhah, royal correspondent at The Sunday Times, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle wanted to be ‘entirely independent’ from Buckingham Palace – something that was reportedly vetoed by the Queen.
‘They wanted their household to be entirely independent of Buckingham Palace, but were told “no”,’ a royal source told Roya. ‘There is an institutional structure that doesn’t allow that kind of independence. The feeling is that it’s good to have the Sussexes under the jurisdiction of Buckingham Palace, so they can’t just go off and do their own thing.’
Despite reportedly wanting ‘total royal freedom’, Harry and Meghan’s official office will remain at Buckingham Palace while Frogmore Cottage will be their home.
To be honest with their past busy year and their little bump set to arrive next month, they’ve got enough to deal with!
The post The Queen apparently shut down Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s plan to be ‘entirely independent’ appeared first on Marie Claire.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: