Dish Network announced today that it shed 334,000 subscribers during the fourth quarter, with a substantial portion of the departures being attributed to the ongoing dispute with HBO that’s caused HBO programming to be blacked out for Dish subscribers.
If that wasn’t enough, Dish president and CEO Erik Carlson added that there’s been essentially no progress in talks with HBO over the blackout — the first in Dish’s almost 50-year history, which likely spooked many subscribers to go ahead and cancel especially with April’s season 8 premiere of Game of Thrones getting closer and closer.
BGR Top Deals:
- $ 39 is all it takes to fast charge your iPhone from 0% to 80% in under an hour
- Meet the $ 69 device that guarantees you’ll cook perfect steak every time
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ theory suggests Marvel hid a big spoiler in plain sight
- Huge leak shows Samsung’s Galaxy S10+ in action in a hands-on video
- New report claims to reveal the exact release date for Apple’s new AirPods 2
More than 1 million people cut the cord during the most recent quarter originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 13 Feb 2019 at 19:06:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: