Previously Unpublished J.D. Salinger Works Will Be Released

(NEW YORK) — One of the book world’s publishing’s greatest mysteries is finally ending: J.D. Salinger’s son says previously unpublished work by his late father will be coming out.

In comments which appeared Friday in The Guardian, Matt Salinger confirmed longstanding reports that the author “The Catcher in the Rye” had continued to write decades after he stopped publishing books. He said that he and Salinger’s widow, Colleen, are “going as fast as we freaking can” to prepare the material for release.

“He wanted me to pull it together, and because of the scope of the job, he knew it would take a long time,” Salinger said of his father, who died in 2010 and had not published work since the mid-1960s.

“This was somebody who was writing for 50 years without publishing, so that’s a lot of material. So there’s not a reluctance or a protectiveness: When it’s ready, we’re going to share it.”

Salinger says any new work might be years away and did not cite any specific titles or plots. He did indicate that the Glass family made famous in such fiction as “Franny and Zooey” would be seen again.

“I feel the pressure to get this done, more than he did,” he said, adding that the unseen work “will definitely disappoint people that he wouldn’t care about, but for real readers . I think it will be tremendously well received by those people and they will be affected in the way every reader hopes to be affected when they open a book. Not changed, necessarily, but something rubs off that can lead to change.”

Longtime Salinger publisher Little, Brown and Company had no immediate comment Friday. News of additional future books comes as the publisher marks the centennial of the author’s birth.

J.D. Salinger published just four books in his lifetime: “Nine Stories,” ”The Catcher in the Rye,” ”Franny and Zooey” and a volume with the two novellas “Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters and Seymour: An Introduction.” The last work to come out in his lifetime was the story “Hapworth 16, 1924,” which appeared in The New Yorker in 1965.

Over the past half century, rumors and speculation intensified, from whether any work existed to whether it was of publishable quality. A former lover, Joyce Maynard, and Salinger’s daughter, Margaret, have both written that the author continued to work on books, allegedly stored in a vault in the author’s home in Cornish, New Hampshire.

A 2013 documentary and book by Shane Salerno and David Shields cited two “independent and separate sources” in predicting several new works, starting between 2015 and 2020. One of the Salinger books would center on “Catcher” protagonist Holden Caulfield and his family. Others would draw on Salinger’s World War II years and his immersion in Eastern religion. Matt Salinger has dismissed the contents of the Salerno-Shields project, but never definitively said that no new work would appear.

Salerno wrote in email Friday to The Associated Press that “it was always his (J.D. Salinger’s) intention (and specific direction) to have his work published after his death.

“I’m thrilled that Salinger fans around the world will finally get to see this important work from one of America’s finest writers,” Salerno added.


Entertainment – TIME

ENTERTAINMENT DEAL UPDATE:

DMX Released From Prison After Serving One-Year for Tax Evasion [Photo]

DMX was released from Gilmer Federal Correctional Institution in West Virginia on Friday morning after serving a one-year sentence for tax evasion.

According to TMZ, he now must begin to repay over $ 2.3 million in restitution and start outpatient programs for substance abuse and mental health.

DMX also has a new album and a few movie projects in the pipeline.

In the photo, above, shortly after his release he went for breakfast with his family.

The post DMX Released From Prison After Serving One-Year for Tax Evasion [Photo] appeared first on lovebscott – celebrity news.

lovebscott – celebrity news

BEST DEAL UPDATE:

Iran State TV broadcaster Marzieh Hashemi to protest in Washington Friday after being released by FBI

The American-born Iran state TV broadcaster captured by the FBI for unknown reasons has been released after ten days in custody and will protest her “illegal detention” Friday in Washington, D.C., her family says.
FOX News

SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN:

http://www.acrx.org -As millions of Americans strive to deal with the economic downturn,loss of jobs,foreclosures,high cost of gas,and the rising cost of prescription drug cost. Charles Myrick ,the President of American Consultants Rx, announced the re-release of the American Consultants Rx community service project which consist of millions of free discount prescription cards being donated to thousands of not for profits,hospitals,schools,churches,etc. in an effort to assist the uninsured,under insured,and seniors deal with the high cost of prescription drugs.-American Consultants Rx -Pharmacy Discount Network News

BEST DEAL UPDATE BY AMERICAN CONSULTANTS RX:

<

Click today to request your free ACRX discount prescription card and save up to 80% off of your medicine!

SPECIAL DONATION REQUEST UPDATE:

Please help American Consultants Rx achieve it’s biggest goal yet of donating over 30 million discount prescription cards to over 50k organizations in an effort to assist millions of Americans in need. Please click here to donate today!

After Being Released From Custody, Chris Brown Plans To Sue Rape Accuser For Defamation

Paris Fashion Week Menswear - Yohji Yamamoto - Arrivals

Source: Jonathan Rebboah/News Pictures/WENN.com / WENN

Chris Brown was released from a Parisian jail on Tuesday hours after news reports circulated that a woman accused the R&B star of rape. Now, Brown’s lawyer Raphael Chiche, says the singer is gearing up for a lawsuit to clear his name.

“Chris Brown is free. No lawsuits were filed against him,” a tweet from Chiche read. “He vigorously challenges the charges against him. A complaint for slanderous denunciation will be filed tomorrow with the public prosecutor of Paris.”

He later followed it up with the following tweet: “I’m preparing the complaint #ChrisBrown will file against his accuser.”

The story takes a swift turn after it was initially reported that Brown, and two associates were arrested in connection with aggravated rape and drug charges. The arrest stems from a report a 24-year-old woman filed where she claimed she was sexually violated when she returned to the Mandarin Oriental hotel with Brown and a group of friends after a night of partying in a Parisian club. The assault reportedly took place on the evening of January 15 going into January 16.

French authorities had 48-hours to determine whether they will press charges or release him from jail. Brown and his associates who were detained, could have stayed in jail during the duration of the investigation if authorities felt they were a flight risk. According to a statement Chiche made to outlet Entertainment Tonight, the police investigation is still ongoing.

The charges against Chris Brown have not been dropped and investigations are still going on, but Chris Brown has not been sued by prosecution,” Chiche said.

On Tuesday Brown maintained his innocence by posting a now deleted Instagram message, claiming his innocence.

“I WANNA MAKE IT PERFECTLY CLEAR…… THIS IS FALSE AND A WHOLE LOT OF CAP! NNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!! FOR MY DAUGHTER AND MY FAMILY THIS IS SO DISPRESPECTFUL AND IS AGAINST MY CHARACTER AND MORALS!!!!!” Brown wrote.

The case adds to Brown’s long list of legal troubles that he’s sustained over the last 10 years.

MadameNoire

BEST DEAL UPDATE:

Paris Hilton lost her soul after sex tape was released

OHMYGOSSIP — Paris Hilton “lost part of her soul” when her sex tape was leaked.
The 37-year-old DJ and socialite admits her life changed “overnight” when her intimate tape with ex Rick Salomon was released and she was “so embarrassed” by something so private being shared online.
Speaking on Netflix’s The American Meme, she said: “Literally overnight my entire life changed … everyone was making fun of it. I didn’t leave my house for, like months. I was so embarrassed. I felt like everyone on the street was laughing at me. It was like being raped. It felt like I’ve lost part of my soul and been talked about in such cruel and mean ways.”
Meanwhile, Paris previously revealed she believes she “could have been like” the late Princess Diana if it wasn’t for the release of her sex tape.
She said: “It’s really hurtful, because my whole life I really looked up to Princess Diana, all these elegant, amazing women, and I feel like [Rick] just took that all away from me. I could have been like that, but because of that tape, I will always be judged and thought of as whatever they say about me because of a private moment between my boyfriend and me.
“I wish I had never met him. That is actually the one regret in my life. I wish that I had never met that guy. I could not leave my house for months. I was so depressed, humiliated. I didn’t want to be seen in public.”

Source: IconInsider.com
Find us also on Twitter @OHMYGOSSIP and @OHMYGOSSIP_USA

BEST DEAL UPDATE:

Buju Banton Is Released From Prison, Returns to Jamaica

Controversial dancehall and reggae star, Buju Banton, was released from prison after serving to seven years in a US Prison. Banton, born Mark Myrie, was released on December 8 and returned to Jamaica

Jamaica’s culture minister, Olivia “Babsy” Grange, reports that Banton “is now really about, from what we understand, employment of young people. If he can help shape and resocialize young people, that is something we should embrace.”

However, they won’t pull out the red carpet for his return. “We can’t give him a hero’s welcome,” says minister of national security, Horace Chang. “He committed a crime.” And yes, Grange agrees, “There’s no getting over the fact that he was convicted, but Buju was loved long before he was convicted and he will be loved just the same, even if he comes home in handcuffs.”

Banton was arrested in Miami in 2009 and convicted and sentenced to a decade in prison in 2011 on charges of possession and conspiracy to distribute of more than five kilograms of cocaine.

Click here to view full gallery at HYPEBEAST




HYPEBEAST

BEST DEAL UPDATE:

Kevin Hart released a truly awful statement about his homophobic tweets

TwitterFacebook

We live in the golden age of bad non-apologies, but Kevin Hart’s response to recent backlash over resurfaced homophobic jokes might take the cake.

“Stop looking for reasons to be negative… Stop searching for reasons to be angry,” Hart wrote in his Instagram, along with a grainy video of him shirtless expressing the same sentiments.

For those playing catch up: On Wednesday, Hart was announced as the host of the 2019 Oscars. Within hours, concerns were raised online that resurfaced a litany of (now-deleted) tweets. 

One described how, if he ever saw his son playing with his daughter’s doll house, “I’m going 2 break it over his head and say n my voice ‘stop that’s gay.'” Others included him using homophobic slurs against other people. Read more…

More about Watercooler, Entertainment, Twitter, Kevin Hart, and Homophobia


Entertainment

BEST ENTERTAINMENT DEALS UPDATE:

Chilling 911 call released after terrifying home invasion

ABC News

SPECIAL NEWS BULLETIN:

http://www.acrx.org -As millions of Americans strive to deal with the economic downturn,loss of jobs,foreclosures,high cost of gas,and the rising cost of prescription drug cost. Charles Myrick ,the President of American Consultants Rx, announced the re-release of the American Consultants Rx community service project which consist of millions of free discount prescription cards being donated to thousands of not for profits,hospitals,schools,churches,etc. in an effort to assist the uninsured,under insured,and seniors deal with the high cost of prescription drugs.-American Consultants Rx -Pharmacy Discount Network News

CHARITY UPDATE:

Click today to request your free ACRX discount prescription card and save up to 80% off of your medicine!

SPECIAL DONATION REQUEST UPDATE:

Please help American Consultants Rx achieve it’s biggest goal yet of donating over 30 million discount prescription cards to over 50k organizations in an effort to assist millions of Americans in need. Please click here to donate today!

Former NFL Player Rae Carruth Released From Prison 18-Years After Having His Pregnant Girlfriend Killed [Video]

Former NFL player Rae Carruth has been released from prison after serving 18 years for the slaying of his pregnant girlfriend.

via NYDN:

The former first-round draft pick was released from Sampson Correctional Institution in North Carolina early Monday.

“I’m excited about just being out of here,” he told WSOC by phone a few days before his release. “I’m nervous just about how I’ll be received by the public. I still have to work. I still have to live. I have to exist out there and it just seems like there is so much hate and negativity toward me.”

Carruth had completed his sentence of 18 to 24 years. He did not speak to reporters as he left the prison on a chilly morning.

Now 44, Carruth was found guilty of orchestrating a plot to kill Cherica Adams to avoid paying child support. Adams was shot four times on Nov. 16, 1999 while driving her car in Charlotte, but managed to make a 911 call that pointed the finger at the NFL player.

Adams, eight months pregnant, died less than a month after the shooting. The child she was carrying was delivered, but suffers from permanent brain damage and cerebral palsy.

Carruth has said he wants to have a relationship with son Chancellor, who remains in the custody of his grandmother. Saundra Adams had said she would be there when Carruth got out of prison, but she was not present on Monday.

The former wide receiver was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in 1997. Panthers center Frank Garcia said players were stunned when they heard the news of about his possible involvement in the murder.

“It would be like finding out the guy sitting in the cubicle next to you at work was arrested for murder,” Garcia said. “You just don’t always know people as well as you think you do.”

Some players testified at the trial, and others would spend time in the players’ lounge watching it on Court TV.

“That is one time where you were actually hiding from the cameras,” Garcia said. “You just wanted to stay low and not be involved. All along you’re asking yourself, ‘Did I miss any signs? How is somebody capable of this?’”

Carruth worked as a barber while behind bars, making about $ 1 per hour, according to North Carolina Department of Public Safety spokesman Jerry Higgins. He had signed a $ 3.7 million contract with the Panthers after being drafted.

The post Former NFL Player Rae Carruth Released From Prison 18-Years After Having His Pregnant Girlfriend Killed [Video] appeared first on lovebscott – celebrity news.

lovebscott – celebrity news

BEST DEAL UPDATE:

U.S. Pastor Andrew Brunson To Be Released From House Arrest In Turkey

A Turkish court on Friday ordered American pastor Andrew Brunson to be released from house arrest, drawing praise from President Donald Trump. Brunson was convicted of terror-related charges but will be allowed to leave Turkey due to good behavior and the time he has already served.
RTT – Top Story

BEST DEAL UPDATE:

New ‘Mortal Engines’ Trailer Released; Here’s Everything We Know

New 'Mortal Engines' Trailer Released; Here's Everything We Know

Universal Pictures has pulled back the curtains on Mortal Engines, a steampunk fantasy film presented by Peter Jackson. Jackson is also responsible for the film’s screenplay alongside writing partners Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens, the trio behind The Lord of the Rings.

For some filmgoers that will be enough to go on, but the movie has just released another action-packed trailer to entice anyone in doubt. You can watch that new spot, which made its debut at New York Comic-Con, down…

Read More

Read Comments

Fandango Movie News

MOVIE APP UPDATE: