This week’s roundup is about cosy casual comfort, with a little dressy thrown into the mix. Price points vary, and there are many colour options across the items. Remember that animal print and stripes are effective pattern mixers, making them more versatile than you might think.
- Paul Green Soho Bootie (Women) | Nordstrom: Refined Rocker. Extremely comfortable and beautifully made booties. The tapered toe box is elegant and the ankle fit tailored. Fits a higher volume foot quite well. Size down for lower volume feet.
- LEVI’S MADE & CRAFTED Levi’s Made & Crafted Type III Pleated Denim Skirt | Nordstrom: Maximal Denim Skirt Fabness. Kilt-esque. Unique and looks designer. Best on a curvier figure.
- GRLFRND GRLFRND Tatum Curved Step Hem Jeans (Turn Blue) | Nordstrom: This is the new look jean with a higher rise, and roomier thigh fit – although the rise isn’t too high here. Works on both a curvier and straighter body type. Length can work for petites.
- PIKOLINOS Royal W4D-8766: Ridiculously comfortable Spanish boots that work on higher volume feet. All three colours are nice.
- Clarks Clarks Poise Leah Boot (Women) | Nordstrom: Sleek, tailored, dressy and very comfortable. Fab with cropped jeans, dresses and skirts. Works on a higher volume foot. Versatile.
- Sperry Saltwater Emboss Wool: AMAZING weatherproof boots for snow, ice and rain. They are very comfortable, soft and cosy. Quite chunky on the foot, but that’s the nature of the duck boot style. To my eye – super cute. They run wide but you can manipulate the width with the right pair of socks. They come in four yummy pastel colours, and the cream are mine. I did not find them to run large when you have long toes. TTS for me.
- RACHEL RACHEL ROY Rachel Roy Cold Shoulder Hooded Sweatshirt (Plus Size) | Nordstrom: Alluring Sweatshirt Fabness.
- SOREL Phoenix Zip: Weatherproof in rain, snow and ice, and super cute on wider ankles and calves. Very comfy. Read the rave reviews.
- Mango Checkered Asymmetric Skirt: I haven’t seen this skirt in person yet but it looks lovely. The drape of the diagonal lines is divine. The hems are unfinished so you have to be okay with that. The quality will be moderate too. Will probably work best on a curvier body type.
- Ett:twa | Anthropologie Andes Coat: Extremely cosy and cuddly, and runs a size big. Looks even better fastened, and has a fun hood.
- Mother | Anthropologie Fawcett Striped Turtleneck: The photo does not do the pullover justice. A creative mix of colours. A forgiving fit around the midsection and super fun button detailing on the cuff. Looks best worn untucked over bottoms. Available in a couple of solids.
- Theory Theory Drop Shoulder Cashmere Sweater | Nordstrom: This pullover looks a whole lot better in person, and works well on a larger bust. The sleeves aren’t as long as they look, so much so that the silhouette works quite well on petites. GORGEOUS shade of toffee, and comes in ink blue too.
- Nordstrom Signature Nordstrom Signature Cashmere-Blend Hoodie Sweatshirt | Nordstrom: A beautifully made hoodie that runs a size big. Very refined. A trendy shorter length and quite streamlined. Layers well under a blazer.
- Nordstrom Signature Nordstrom Signature Wool Blend Flannel Button Cuff Pants | Nordstrom: Trendy Cuffed Trouser Fabness. Works on both a gently curvy and straighter body type. Can work well on petites. Quite dressy. If you’re looking for a different pair of black pants – try these.
- AG AG Caden Crop Twill Trousers | Nordstrom: These are AMAZING twill trousers, and come in many colours. They are thick, soft, warm and very cosy. They are the substitute for corduroy skinnies when you’re sick of jeans. They work on both a curvier and straight body type because they mould to the shape of the body. A little relaxed, and not skinny. They can work well on petites. The cognac is extremely rich and yummy. Read the rave reviews.
- FRAME FRAME Velvet Crop Tuxedo Pants | Nordstrom: One of the BEST velvet pants of the season. Tailored and chic. Works on a variety of body types. Gorgeous waistband detailing and fabric. Can work on petites. Rise might be a little long, but long rises are more forgiving in pants as opposed to jeans.
- FRAME FRAME ‘Le High Flare’ Jeans (Sutherland) | Nordstrom: Fabulous flares that are wider at the hem than bootcuts. Nice new higher rise, but not too high. The wash is dressy and very even. Works on an assortment of body types, and read the rave reviews.
- Everlane The Cashmere Shrunken Sweatshirt: So far so good on this pullover – no pilling. Tried and tested by my client. It’s gently fluid and fits a little like a shorter sweatshirt. Excellent with on-trend higher rise bottoms. Lots of colours.
- Sleeping On Snow | Anthropologie Lovliest Landscape Sweater: A pullover that looks better in person. Casual, cosy, warm and a happy pattern. No need to semi-tuck the look.
- Levi’s Levi’s Rain Jacket | Nordstrom: A versatile raincoat with fun back detailing. Lots of colours and rave reviews.
- Levi’s Levi’s Made & Crafted 501 Skinny Jeans (Lover’s Lane) | Nordstrom: Trendy high-rise jeans that are quite heavy in weight. They don’t fit like the ’90s Levis 501s, but it IS a 2018 cousin. Fun flashback, and nice with sneakers.
- Gap Modern Stripe Long Sleeve Boatneck T-Shirt: A clean and crisp wardrobe essential in substantial fabric. The neckline is flattering and the fit quite streamlined. A versatile layering piece with good reviews. Lots of colour options.
- Gap Textured Open-Front Hooded Cardigan Sweater: A relaxed hooded cardigan that creates a vertically streamlined effect because it drapes well. It glides over curves and straighter body types. Nice pocket placement. Available in three colours.
- AVEC LES FILLES Avec Les Filles Animal Print Faux Fur Coat | Nordstrom: Cool-toned leopard print with light blue is hard to find. This one is gorgeous, well made, and has a high longevity factor. It’s supposed to be oversized and bulky so that you can layer it over just about anything. Fun, dramatic, on-trend, and available in plus sizes.
Go to the collection page to see pictures of the items alongside my descriptions.
NOTE: Some rich content in this post was omitted because it isn’t supported by the feed. Please visit the post on youlookfab.com to see the additional content.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: