Samsung’s first foldable phone is no longer a secret. The company showed us a prototype back at its SDC18 developer conference in November, so it could announce the Infinity Flex screen and the One UI user interface that will work on all Samsung phones going forward, including foldable gadgets. But that wasn’t a real launch for the phone, as Samsung wasn’t ready to share its commercial name or tell the world how much it’ll cost. It didn’t even offer us a good look at the phone. The prototype was encased in a bulky protective case, and the imagery it used also camouflaged the phone’s design.
Fast-forward to February 20th, the Galaxy S10 launch day, and a massive leak showed us renders of the Galaxy Fold just one day after a leaker said that would be the phone’s name. Well, Samsung’s Unpacked event is finally here, and the Korean giant just confirmed the Galaxy Fold name and revealed other details about the handset.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s massive 1-day sale slashes prices of routers, Wi-Fi extenders, microSD cards, and more
- Don’t buy Amazon’s best-selling earbuds for $ 19.99 when the upgraded version is only $ 1 more
Trending Right Now:
- Huge leak reveals Samsung’s Galaxy Fold ahead of today’s event
- Galaxy S10 launch event: Watch the Unpacked 2019 live stream right here
- iOS 13 will finally fix of one of the most annoying things about the iPhone
Samsung’s foldable phone just got real: Meet the Galaxy Fold originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 14:08:25 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: