At this point, it’s pretty hard to argue that the traditional pay TV industry is not living on borrowed time, as it continues to bleed subscribers who are increasingly flocking to cheaper, streaming solutions.
2018 hit the industry particularly hard. Pay TV including cable and satellite providers lost 3.2 million subscribers, and as we mentioned earlier this week, the industry’s losses during the first three months of 2019 mean the industry is already a third of the way to hitting that same unfortunate number again.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s crazy $ 199 Bose sound bar sale was over, but now it’s back and not for long
- The best Nintendo Switch game you’ve never heard of is somehow only $ 19.99 instead of $ 60 today
Trending Right Now:
- Marvel announces release dates for every MCU Phase 4 movie through 2022
- Massive ‘Game of Thrones’ leak might spoil everyone who lives and dies
- Apple’s new iPhone 11R design just leaked for the first time
Dire new figures show the cable industry is now losing 14,000 subscribers every day originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 9 May 2019 at 00:08:50 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: