For as amazing as camera quality on the iPhone is today, the original iPhone camera was nothing to write home about. Equipped with nothing more than a fixed-focus 2-megapixel camera, the original iPhone delivered subpar pictures even compared to other devices at the time.
Apple, though, eventually started throwing a lot of money at camera development. Before long, it seemed that each successive iPhone routinely set a new bar for mobile camera quality that competitors simply couldn’t keep up with. That said, the mobile landscape is always changing and Apple now has some stiff competition when it comes to mobile photography. What’s more, there’s a strong case to be made that Apple these days finds itself playing catch-up when it comes to overall camera quality.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon is offering rare discounts on the most popular Apple Watch Series 4 models
- Ditch the dongles with this 65-inch 4K Roku TV, now $ 400 off from Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- These before-and-after photos of the volcano that caused Indonesia’s tsunami are insane
- It’s time to set the record straight when it comes to ‘Avengers: Endgame’ and the MCU timeline
- Galaxy S10’s most sophisticated feature might be a good reason not to buy the phone
Photo battle between the iPhone and the Pixel has a surprising winner originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 17 Jan 2019 at 20:05:01 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: