Karl Lagerfeld passes away, a sustainable fashion and lifestyle brand from the BBC, the Met Museum’s new exhibition, and other style news that caught our attention in February.
- Madewell has launched a sustainable swimwear collection for which all pieces are made from recycled plastic.
- Target is coming out with three new lingerie and sleepwear collections.
- The BBC is launching a sustainable fashion and lifestyle brand based on its Blue Planet and Planet Earth series, in an effort to capitalise on viewers inspired by the shows and presenter David Attenborough’s warnings about the effect humankind is having on the world.
- Renowned fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld has passed away at age 85.
- After the designer’s death, Chanel has appointed Virginie Viard and Eric Pfrunder as new artistic directors.
- The Met Museum will showcase the power of camp in its new exhibition.
- Style influencer and sister of Jackie Kennedy, Lee Radziwill has died at the age of 85.
- Victoria Beckham is launching her own beauty brand.
- British department store Selfridges will stop selling exotic skins by 2020.
- Gap is planning to spin off Old Navy into a separate public company.
Fun Fashion Fact
BEST DEAL UPDATE: