Zappos turns 20, the latest Met fashion exhibition, and other style news that made headlines this month.
- The owner of high street fashion chain Zara has announced that all of its collections will be made from 100% sustainable fabrics before 2025.
- Zappos is celebrating its 20th birthday.
- For Fall 2019, American Eagle is offering extended sizing (00 to 24) in their denim collection.
- H&M will debut its first Chinese designer capsule collection this Autumn.
- Meghan Markle is guest editing British Vogue’s September issue.
- Here’s a peek at Madewell’s Fall 2019 lookbook.
- The Met’s latest fashion exhibition features Sandy Schreier, a little-known American couture collector with a vast archive of over 15,000 pieces.
- Universal Standard is donating half of its sample sale profits to Planned Parenthood.
- A vintage pair of Nike ‘Moon Shoes’ has fetched more than $ 400,000, shattering the record for a pair of trainers at public auction.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that Target was the first chain to master high-end fashion collaborations
“Target has done more than 80 apparel collaborations dating back to the early 2000s, often punching well above its weight. It’s collaborated with established, well-respected fashion labels like Alexander McQueen and Proenza Schouler. In recent years, the Missoni and Lilly Pulitzer collections took it to a new level of chaos, crashing servers and causing in-store stampedes. Pieces regularly end up on the secondary market of eBay.”
BEST DEAL UPDATE: