H&M newest designer collaboration, a Loft rental service, a new fashion documentary, and more news from the fashion trenches in May.
- H&M newest designer collaboration is with Giambattista Valli.
- Universal Standard just became the first clothing brand to carry sizes 00-40 in every single piece.
- Tan France and Alexa Chung will be hosting a new competitive fashion series on Netflix.
- Prada has announced it will stop using fur in its collections.
- Loft is launching a size-inclusive rental service, Infinitely Loft, that allows you to rent three pieces at a time for $ 65 a month.
- Fashion designer Max Azria has passed away at the age of 70.
- Miss Selfridge’s flagship store in London will close in July, and move into a concession in Topshop next door.
- Rihanna is launching an upmarket fashion label with the LVMH Group, becoming the first black woman to head up a fashion house at the company.
- The new Halston documentary focusses on the designer’s influence on art and business.
Interesting Fashion Fact
BEST DEAL UPDATE: