Two new fashion exhibitions, a Zara maternity collection, a big beauty brand goes cruelty-free, and more news from the fashion trenches this month.
- Ralph Lauren will be the first American fashion designer to be knighted by Queen Elizabeth II for his services to fashion and philanthropy.
- Here’s a look at the Jason Wu for Eloquii Holiday Collection.
- CoverGirl is now Leaping Bunny-certified, making it the largest beauty brand to go cruelty-free.
- Alexander Wang has joined forces with Uniqlo for a collection utilizing the Japanese brand’s signature HEATTECH collection.
- Converse has reinterpreted three of its most popular silhouettes into waterproof designs.
- Universal Standard for J.Crew is back by popular demand.
- “Jewelry: The Body Transformed”, a new Met exhibition, explores jewellery as anthropological artifacts.
- Zara has launched a maternity collection, The Maternity Mood, which is available online.
- The London Victoria & Albert Museum is planning a Mary Quant exhibition honouring the designer’s pioneering work of the ’60s and ’70s.
Fun Fashion Quote
“People always seem so scared to try it. Other women often ask, ‘How do I wear a bright red lipstick?’ Like, you literally put it on your face. You are the only person who is worried that you look different. I was always afraid it would be too much, but truly, you are the only person who’s thinking about your appearance that deeply. No one is thinking, ‘How dare she?’ Nobody cares.”
BEST DEAL UPDATE: