Something on your mind? Chat about it here.
Nordstrom has been quietly marking things down for days, and today the signage is up: the Summer Sale has officially started. Look for great deals (40% off or so) on summer items like sandals, shorts, swimsuits, white pants, and coverups — personally I’ve bought like four very similar pairs of denim shorts to try on and see how I like. Ah yes, and if you were holding out for markdowns on stuff you first saw in the Anniversary Sale, today is the day to check to see if your size is still available and on sale. (Here’s all of our 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale coverage, including our roundup of reader favorites, if you may have seen something here.) For today’s weekend open thread, I’m liking this floaty maxi dress — when the high/low trend started a few years ago I was decidedly against it, but now I like it as an easy way to avoid tripping over a long dress. This one looks like it could go to a variety of places depending on your shoes and accessories — date, church, baby shower, even wedding guess attire. It was $ 168, but is now marked to $ 100; lucky sizes in regular and petites are still available. Floral Ruffle High/Low Maxi Dress
This post contains affiliate links and Corporette® may earn commissions for purchases made through links in this post. For more details see here. Thank you so much for your support!
Other 2019 Labor Day Sales for Workwear:
Some other sales of note…
- Ann Taylor – 40% off + 10% off full price styles, and extra 50% off all sale styles.
- Ann Taylor Factory – 40-70% off hundreds of styles, plus an extra 10% off with code.
- Anthropologie – Extra 50% off sale items, and 20% off furniture, decor, bedding and more.
- Banana Republic – 40% off purchase + extra 10% off. Sister sites:
- Gap – 40% off everything with code, and extra 50% off all markdowns.
- Old Navy – Women’s Pixie chinos for $ 15, today only. 50% off all dresses, jeans and tess on sale.
- Athleta – Swim is up to 60% off, and tons of other items on sale.
- Banana Republic Factory – End of summer event, 50-70% off everything! Plus, extra 50% off clearance and an extra 20% off purchase with code. Sister site Gap Factory is offering 40-75% off everything, with an extra 15% off with code.
- Boden – Labor Day Event – 20% off womenswear and menswear, and 25% off mini. (Don’t forget to check out our recent roundup of how to build a work wardrobe at Boden!)
- Brooks Brothers – 30% off already-reduced summer clearance styles; 50% off men’s and kids’ collections.
- Express – 40% off everything, and 50% off all women’s jeans.
- J.Crew – Extra 50% off all sale styles + 40% off your purchase.
- J.Crew Factory – Extra 60% off women’s clearance (online only), and 50% off everything.
- Last Call – 40% off one item with code; also extra 30-75% off everything, including clearance.
- Loft – 40-50% off almost everything!
- Neiman Marcus – End of summer sale, up to 65% off new markdowns!
- Nordstrom – Summer sale! See our notes on what to save on at the top of this post.
- Talbots – Take an extra 20% off markdowns for up to 80% off original prices! Also, 25% off regular-price styles. (Don’t forget to check out our recent roundup of how to build a work wardrobe at Talbots!)
- Target – Labor Day Sale! Save up to 30% off women’s clothing. Online only deals include: take 20% off one indoor or outdoor furniture item, 30% off bedding and bath, 30% off indoor and outdoor rugs, and BOGO on window treatments.
- Soma Intimates – The panty event, 7 for $ 37 — and 30% off full-price dresses. Tons of bras for $ 24.95.
- Zappos – Shop the price-matching celebration with bestsellers!
BEST DEAL UPDATE: