Archeologists have been able to learn a lot about the ancient Maya civilization thanks to ruins that have stood the test of time. Studying how ancient peoples in Central America farmed, however, has proven a lot more difficult for obvious reasons. Once it’s allowed to grow freely, farmland quickly returns to what it used to be, making it virtually impossible to suss out where farmers grew crops hundreds of years prior. But now, a new research effort has demonstrated that spotting the effects of ancient farming in a region is possible, and all it takes is a low-flying plane and some nifty lasers.
BGR Top Deals:
- The all-new Roku Express launches tomorrow, and it was just discounted to $ 27
- Amazon is somehow selling a renewed Ring Video Doorbell 2 bundled with a Ring Chime for just $ 99
Trending Right Now:
- STDs are spreading like wildfire in the US
- PS5 might not be fully backward compatible with the PlayStation 4
- You’ve been running wrong your entire life
Researcher fired lasers from planes and discovered ancient Maya farms originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 15:21:20 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: