Here’s a small roundup of top picks, some of which will take you into Fall. I was particularly fond of the fabrics in this roundup because they looked and felt good, especially for the price.
- Bias Cut A-Line Skirt: The best bias cut skirt I’ve seen this year. Nice to the touch crepe fabric. The drape and fit are GREAT. Really good on a curvy body type because the bias cut is more circular than tubular. No bumps. They did not skimp on the cut! As good on a straighter body type because it moulds to the contour of the body. Runs big if you need a narrow fit. Available in other patterns and colours.
- J.Crew Puff-sleeve button-down in Ratti scarf paisley: A fun jewel-toned 100% cotton blouse in a ’70s pattern. Cute puff sleeve.
- J.Crew Silk button-up shirt in tiger floral: The stock photo does not do the pattern or fabric justice. It’s a lovely lilac silk with a mustard tiger pattern. A Modern Classic that can look fab with jeans or wide crops if you like that type of thing.
- J.Crew Band-collar popover tunic in bold stripe: The stock photo does a bad job of showcasing this popover shirt that does not need to be semi-tucked. It’s oversized up top, but slims on the hem to taper the volume. The gently rounded hem is a nice detail, as is the high-low hem and fun band collar. Runs a size big and comes in white, navy and a blue stripe. Great worn untucked over wide crops. Best on a straighter figure.
- J.Jill Luxe Supima Ballet-Sleeve Tunic: The supima knit is luxe and feels gorgeous on the skin. The fluid silhouette is easy-breezy, but not too loosey-goosey. Comes in white and black, and size down.
- J.Jill Mixed-Plaid Tiered Dress: Summer plaids are as fun as Winter plaids, and this ventilating dress is wonderful. It’s cut quite open up top, yet you can wear a regular bra. Fab V-neck for those who enjoy the silhouette. It’s fluid yet sufficiently structured and extremely comfy. Lovely fabric and runs big.
- J.Jill Long & Light Sweater Vest: A gauzy long vest is a topper option for hot Summer weather, especially when you enjoy dressing in layers. Decorative and extremely lightweight. This one runs big.
- Manhattan Bermuda Shorts: Dressy long shorts that can work for the office. These are best on a straighter figure.
- Lee Vintage Modern Western Midi Dress: Who remembers Lee from decades ago. Fab to see the brand make a comeback. If you like the Western vibe, denim shirts, and sack dresses – try this frock. It’s ideal with sneakers, really comfy, and the buttons do not gape because the fit is fluid. Lovely midi length, and you can move in the dress. The warm olive has a subtle pinstripe. You could add a waist belt for a ’70s vibe. Comes in a sand-blasted blue denim too.
- Loft Wide Leg Riviera Pants: These come in a whole slew of colours and they’re really nice. They’ll fit a curvier and straighter body type, but not a very curvy figure. Nice heft, drape and silhouette. Run a size big.
- White House Black Market Washed Denim Jacket: An intricate and well made mauve jacket. Soft, tailored and comfy. A cooler shade of mauve than in the stock photo.
- Sam Edelman Sam EdelmanAndy: These trendy slide-espadrille hybrids are comfy, and buttery soft. They’re not wide across the toe box but there is volume in the instep and arch. Available in many colours.
Go to the collection page if you would like to see the images alongside my descriptions.
Also, here’s a collection of fashionable Naturalizer footwear that I haven’t seen or tried in person yet so I can’t comment accurately on their fits. But I wear a lot of Naturalizer footwear because of their extreme cushioning comfort and I’m confident that these styles are worth trying if they tickle your fancy. Many of them come in wide widths, and some are available in narrow widths.
NOTE: Some rich content in this post was omitted because it isn’t supported by the feed. Please visit the post on youlookfab.com to see the additional content.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: