A lot of people recently have been saying that the smartphone landscape has gotten a bit boring. Despite some nice evolutionary improvements from the likes of Apple and Samsung over the years, the reality is that it’s been a while since we’ve seen a new smartphone feature that, right out of the gate, is an absolute game-changer. The impending rollout of 5G, however, is poised to change all that.
5G is poised to deliver absolutely insane speed improvements and the good news is that 5G devices are slated to launch later this year. The bad news is that the rollout of 5G isn’t going to happen overnight, which is to say it’s going to take some time before the masses can actually enjoy 5G connectivity. Indeed, this is part of the reason why Apple will likely wait until 2020 before introducing a 5G-compatible iPhone.
BGR Top Deals:
- Please don’t tell Amazon it forgot to end Black Friday’s best Sonos sale
- The best-tasting protein bars on the planet are on sale at their lowest price ever, today only
Trending Right Now:
- New Galaxy S10 leak from top Samsung insider reveals an unexpected surprise
- Everything new coming to Netflix this week, and everything leaving (week of Jan. 13)
- It’s official: HBO just revealed Game of Thrones season 8’s premiere date
We’ve got some bad news about Samsung’s 5G enabled S10+ originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 10:55:35 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: